Trail Builder (Full-Time, Temporary: November) Posted 10/28/2016
Colorado Springs, CO
Markit! Forestry Management (Markit!) is a Colorado Springs based, woman owned small business (WOSB), and its key personnel have performed many forest restoration, fuels reduction, and trail projects on the Front Range. We are proud to be recognized as leaders in sustainable forest management, native vegetation and wildlife habitat restoration, and catastrophic wildfire risk reduction.
As a trail builder at Markit! Forestry Management, you’ll be responsible for repairing damaged trails in Colorado Springs. The project is expected to last the bulk of November, working four 10-hour days per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain safe working practices at all times.
• Repair washouts on multi-use trails USFS and IMBA standards of quality.
• Build and repair water diversion structures.
• Operate equipment including, but not limited to, UTV or powered wheelbarrow, adhering
to Markit! Forestry Management’s Driver Standards Policy at all times.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Be a motivational example for your team.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
• Passion and interest in trail building/usage.
• Knowledge of trail building techniques desired.
• Ability to interact socially and courteously with trail users and coworkers.
• Ability to work with basic hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, Pulaski and McLeod.
• Non-biased, tolerant, and objective.
• Disciplined, responsible, and accountable.
• Ability to communicate with guests, staff and management team.
• Ability to be flexible.
• Previous trail building experience required.
• Experience operating UTV and Powered wheelbarrow preferred.
• Prior experience with trail maintenance preferred.
• Outdoor work in a mountain foothills environment with variable weather conditions. Expect cold days.
• Extended time outdoors with heavy lifting tasks.
• Consistent strenuous activity.
• Heavy lifting, must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
• Raking, shoveling, operating equipment.
• Bending, walking, pushing, standing.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Pay is $10-12/hr, depending on experience.
To apply for this temporary position, please email your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.